Recipe by 3KillerBs
An easy flavored coffee just as tasty as the expensive stuff from the coffee shop. Quantities are a little vague because I'm not sure how my favorite, huge mug scales down to smaller cups -- use your sense of smell to find proportions that are flavorful, but not too candy-sticky because this is coffee to go with dessert rather than to substitute for the dessert. :) Since I like flavored coffees in the evening I usually use decaf -- brewed strong. Most of the prep time is brewing the coffee.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
mmmmmm....perfect for a chilly Fall evening. I can't believe I never thought to heat the milk I use in my coffee before. That's a really great tip. Loved the vanilla and cinnamon combo. I used 1/3 C. of milk, since my coffee mugs are pretty big, and added 11/2 t. of sugar. So good! Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup strong coffee (hot and fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (a tbs more or less according to the size of the cup)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 dash cinnamon
- sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Put milk into the cup. Heat gently in the microwave about 30 seconds -- just to take the chill off so the coffee won't get cold too fast.
- Stir cinnamon and vanilla into the milk (cinnamon goes into the milk easier than into the coffee).
- Add coffee and sugar/Splenda. Stir well and enjoy.
- Note: You can use a chunk of cinnamon stick in the cup instead of the ground cinnamon if you prefer.