Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Trying to get more soy into your Diet??? Or want no eggs or dairy???? Try this.!!!! Try As A dip!!!For Vegies or grilled chicken!
- 1⁄4 lb silken tofu
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, rough chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons your choice fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Place the tofu, lime, garlic, shallot, mustard, cilantro into food processor with metal blade and blend till pureed.
- Combine the water to prcessor while machine is still running, follow with the oil salt and pepper. Serve immediately on your favorite salad or grilled meat.
Really good dip/dressing! I didn't have shallot but used a bit of onion, and completely omitted the oil to make it healthier. I also used a whole box of silken tofu (12 oz) so tripled the rest of the ingredients (except for the garlic - used about 4 big cloves total).
A really wonderful dressing OR dip! I used a small amt. of onion in place of the shallot and only about 2 tsp oil. But otherwise this was so quick and easy, and with a salad of mixed greens, tomato and cucumber- very refreshing! Thanks!
Such a delicious dip! I served it with a salad and i also used some to dress some crumbled extra firm tofu. It made a nice tofu salad.