Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I brought this dip to a summer party and the bowl was scraped clean! I believe the original recipe came from Hellman's, though I adapted it a bit. It's wonderful with tortilla chips - try a hearty version such as the delicious Tostitos Gold. If you like a spicier dip then by all means try a hotter salsa, but goodness- don't forget to bring the beer!
- 1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmild or medium chunky salsa
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and salsa.
- Blend well.
- Stir in Vegetable Soup Mix and cilantro.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I think this would be better w/out the whole jar of picante sauce. I used Pace. I think the flavor would change depending on what salsa you used. We tried it w/fritos, potato and corn. It's good with all three...