Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good salad dressing that goes on your salad, or with your Mexican meal.
- 3 fresh tomatillos, cut into quarters
- 1 (1 ounce) package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and refrigerate at least one hour.
- For a thicker dressing, reduce mayo to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup sour cream to the mixture.
This is excellent! I made it up with Best Foods low fat mayo. When I make it again, I want to do it with the sour cream. It is a thin dressy & I love thick, creamy dressing. Great recipe for anyone who loves cilantro or garlic. This is definitely a keeper!!! Thanks for posting it!
My family and guests love this salad dressing! I use Best Foods reduced fat Mayonnaise reducing the fat in 1-cup mayo from 170gm to 34gm and the Calories in the mayo from 1440 to 320. You can also reduce the fat using 1% or fat free buttermilk. I use the blender and add the complete bunch of cilantro and the largest tomatillos I can find. The recipe makes 3 cups because of the added water from the vegetables. 3tbs of this on a salad is just about right and very low in fat and calories.