Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a hearty soup. Some may prefer to add more liquid. This recipe makes a lot, but it can be halved.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 5 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and finely diced (or use you favorite potatoes)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans baby clams (save juice)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams (save juice)
- 5 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, melt butter. Add celery, celery leaves, onion, carrots and garlic; cover and cook about 10 minutes (stirring occasionally) to soften veggies.
- Add wine and potatoes. Add in the juice from ALL the canned clams (should be about 2 cups total); set clams aside. Add water, sugar, pepper, salt, paprika and parsley; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the clams.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together half and half with the flour until smooth; pour into soup pot. Stir well. Heat through and serve.