Recipe by copperfire
a mixture of chicken and chorizo with cream that makes this pasta hard to resist and so easy to whip up on a work night
Top Review by Southern Lady
I'm not rating as I want to be fair to the recipe since I've never cooked with Chorizo before. My chorizo wasn't marked hot or extra hot, but we found the recipe to be over-spiced. It went together easily, the sauce was enough for the pasta coating it beautifully & the chicken was tender and moist. DH wants to try it again leaving out the chili pepper. If we find it too hot again, I'll reduce the amount of chorizo used. I only salted the pasta water and on the chicken as it browned. I made my own tomato basil pesto and it did not call for seasoning. The completed dish didn't need additional seasoning. I served with a green salad filled with summer veggies.
- 400 g dry penne pasta (or whatever pasta you have in the cupboard)
- 3 chorizo sausage, links
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 g chicken thighs (can also be whatever chicken you like even left overs)
- 300 ml cooking cream
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- handful fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your pasta for 8 to 10 mins in a large pot of boiling water, drain , splash in a little olive oil and return to pot
- Heat your frying pan add the onion garlic and chilli and brown for one min.
- Add the sliced chorizo and fry til brown ,
- Remove ingrediants from pan and put aside
- Add chopped chicken cook til brown
- Return everything to pan add cream and pesto cook til heated through and thicken slightly ,.
- Pour over pasta season with salt and pepper to taste add parsley and serve
- Lovely with a green salad and fresh bread.