a mixture of chicken and chorizo with cream that makes this pasta hard to resist and so easy to whip up on a work night
- 400 g dry penne pasta (or whatever pasta you have in the cupboard)
- 3 chorizo sausage, links
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 g chicken thighs (can also be whatever chicken you like even left overs)
- 300 ml cooking cream
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- handful fresh parsley
- Cook your pasta for 8 to 10 mins in a large pot of boiling water, drain , splash in a little olive oil and return to pot
- Heat your frying pan add the onion garlic and chilli and brown for one min.
- Add the sliced chorizo and fry til brown ,
- Remove ingrediants from pan and put aside
- Add chopped chicken cook til brown
- Return everything to pan add cream and pesto cook til heated through and thicken slightly ,.
- Pour over pasta season with salt and pepper to taste add parsley and serve
- Lovely with a green salad and fresh bread.