Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is smooth, rich and very creamy. You will LOVE this frosting! Use a good quality chocolate syrup like Hershey's brand or similar for the best tasting frosting.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature (no subs)
- 1⁄2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted (measure out 3 cups before sifting)
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream (or use half and half, more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer on low speed beat the butter, sifted cocoa powder and chocolate syrup until just combined.
- Add in the sifted confectioners sugar, whipping cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until the confectioners sugar is combined; increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 more minute until smooth and spreadable (add in more whipping cream or sugar if needed to achieve desired consistency).
I created an account to write this review! Hands down the best chocolate frosting recipe I've used! I have made plenty of buttercream chocolate frostings but they all end up so heavy. The chocolate syrup in this one allows you to use less butter and the result is a smooth and decadent chocolate frosting. This one is going in the recipe book for sure!
This is sooo good! I made a cake for my friend/neighbor's birthday. I wanted a dark chocolate frosting for it and tried this. Kitten has never disappointed me yet! And she didn't this time! This is such an easy frosting to make, and it was "dark chocolate-ey" enough for my friend! She loved it, and I thank you Kitten for yet another winner. This will go in my very favorites! Thanks for sharing!
This frosting is absolutely delicious! I could (and did) eat it right out of the bowl! It's very creamy and chocolaty. It was easy to make and it makes a substantial amount of frosting. I will definitely make this again!