Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This smooth, rich pudding, lower in fat than many recipes, has many variations. For chocolate almond, chocolate rum, or chocolate mint pudding, simply add either 1/4 tsp almond or rum extract, or 2 drops of peppermint extract along with the vanilla. Yum!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch, cocoa, and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring to dissolve cornstarch and cocoa.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring,.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spoon pudding into 4 custard cups.
I don't know what I did wrong, the pudding became very gelatanous after I cooked it. It had a good flavor though, just a weird consistency.
Awesome!! Although I do double the vanilla and much prefer it that way. Have made it both ways but double vanilla is best !! Thank you !!
Very good! I used the microwave to cook it.