Recipe by Meryl
This pudding is very easy and delicious and I've made it many times. The best part is it's rich and creamy and tastes fattening, but it's LOWFAT!!!
- 73.94 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml instant espresso (if not available, can use instant coffee)
- 473.18 ml low-fat milk (can use regular milk, if desired)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place mixture in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in just enough milk to create a smooth paste. (I use a wire whisk).
- Gradually mix in remaining milk.
- Cook over medium heat and stir slowly and constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil. Let it boil another 30 seconds or so, gently stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into 3 or 4 dessert dishes and chill until set, about 4 hours.