Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking ** cook time, is actually chill time**
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 1 reduced-fat 9-inch graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder and oil, add the sugar and milk; mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese and beat with an electri mixer on medium speed until smooth, with a spoon, fold in the whipped topping until well blended.
- Pour into the pie crust, cover loosley, and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- *finishingtouch:serve as is, or toss on some raspberries or a dallop of low fat whipped topping with a few sprinkles.
Amazing! My grandfather is diabetic, so I brought this to thanksgivng, and everyone, diabetic and not, loved it! I'm not diabetic so I wasn't really sure about sugar count, so I did use sugar free cool whip and sugar/splenda mix, and it turned out wonderful!
Sorry I didn't rate this sooner. I'm trying to find diabetic recipes that don't use artifical sweeteners. My diabetic husband says they give him a headache. This was so good. It had a great taste. I didn't tell anyone it was low-sugar and the entire pie was gone in a flash. It was super easy to throw together. I'll definitely be making more of these!