I created this out of necessity. I didn't have enough chocolate mousse for a pie and I didn't have enough cream cheese for a cheesecake. I loved how light and creamy it came out, so I decided to post it.
- In a medium bowl, whip together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and smooth.
- In a large bowl, prepare chocolate mousse mix with milk, as directed on package.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into mousse, until mixture is no longer streaky.
- Sprinkle the bottom of pie crust with some of the chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon mousse mixture into pie crust and decorate with remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
This recipe is genius! It is so easy to prepare and is really delicious. I did not use chocolate chips; instead, I pipe whipped cream on top and garnished with shaved chocolate curls. It looked and tasted like a masterpiece and you would never know how little effort is involved. Thanks for posting this one, Karen! Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game.
This was a really simple, delicious and easy pie. I made two for Thanksgiving and they were devoured... that was AFTER I ate nearly half of the filling straight out of the bowl!