I created this out of necessity. I didn't have enough chocolate mousse for a pie and I didn't have enough cream cheese for a cheesecake. I loved how light and creamy it came out, so I decided to post it.
- In a medium bowl, whip together cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until light and smooth.
- In a large bowl, prepare chocolate mousse mix with milk, as directed on package.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into mousse, until mixture is no longer streaky.
- Sprinkle the bottom of pie crust with some of the chocolate chips, if using.
- Spoon mousse mixture into pie crust and decorate with remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.