1/1 Photo of Creamy Chocolate Mint Melts
This from a recipe book my son got way back in preschool. Perfect little mints.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces white chcolate almond bark
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1Line bottom and sides of a 8x12 inch glass dish with waxpaper.
- 2Combine 2/3 of candy coating and the chocolate chips in a 4 cup glass measuring cup.
- 3Microwave on high uncovered, 2 1/2-3 minutes or until mixture is softened.
- 4Stir until smooth.
- 5Spread 1/2 of the chocolate in bottom of baking dish.
- 6Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. (allow remaining chocolate to stand at room temp.).
- 7Place remaining candy coating in 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- 8Microwave on high uncovered, 1 1/2 -2 minutes or until softened.
- 9Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring. (mixture will become very stiff).
- 10Mix in cream until spreading consistency.
- 11Spread over chilled chocolate mixture.
- 12Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes.
- 13Spread remaining chocolate mixture over mint layer.
- 14chill until set.
- 15Before serving, allow to warm to room temperature, then, holding onto waxed paper edges, lift mints from pan.
- 16Cut into serving pieces, about 1 inch or smaller as desired.
- 17Mints need to be at room temperature to cut without the chocolate breaking.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chocolate Mint Melts
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.8
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: