Recipe by M&Mers
I adapted my old standby for Creamy Banana Pudding by Borden. This chocolate version got rave reviews last night! It is SO good and SO easy to make!
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 32 chocolate wafers
- 3 (10 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained well
- 5 ounces Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 8 chocolate wafers and about 12 of the best looking orange segments for garnish.
- In large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, water and pudding mix.
- Beat well.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until thickened.
- Whip cream and fold into chocolate mixture (leaving some white streaks produces a nice marbled effect).
- Spread 1/2 cup chocolate mixture in bottom of a 2.
- 5L (2 1/2 quart) glass serving bowl.
- Drizzle with 1/4 of the chocolate sauce.
- Top with 8 chocolate wafers, 1/3 of the orange segments and 1/3 of the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Repeat layers (sauce/wafers/oranges/chocolate mixture) 2 more times.
- Drizzle with last 1/4 of the chocolate syrup.
- Arrange set aside wafers and orange segments in decorative pattern on top of pudding.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.