2 hrs 30 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This yummy Chocolate Fudge recipe comes form Sunset. com. This is one of the Christmas candies that I am making. Prep time is part of the cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3-to4-quart heavy-bottomed pan over medium-low heat, stir sugar, cream, and corn syrup, continually scraping the bottom of the pan with a heatproof flexible spatula, until sugar is completely dissolved, about 15 minutes.
- 2Stir in unsweetened and bittersweet chocolate until melted.
- 3Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a simmer.
- 4Cook, occasionally stirring mixture and brushing down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush, until mixture reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- 5Remove from heat and pour into the bowl of standing mixer or large bowl.
- 6Add butter and vanilla but DO NOT STIR; insert candy thermometer and let mixture stand undisturbed until cooled to 110 degrees, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 7Line 9-inch pan with foil; (Release foil works great) Lightly butter foil.
- 8With the paddle attachment of standing mixer or a sturdy wooden spoon beat the chocolate vigorously (on highspeed if using mixer; reduce speed if motor starts to labor) until mixture thickens and loses its glossy sheen, about 5 minutes with a mixer, about 10 minutes by hand.
- 9Scrap into pan, smooth top, and chill until firm to the touch,at least 2 hours,or up to 1 day.
- 10Lift foil to remove fudge from pan; cut fudge into 1 inch squares.
- 11Store cut fudge airtight in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- 12To keep longer (up to 1 month) wrap uncut fudge airtight and chill; cut into squares as you want to use it.
- 13Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (1647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1950.7
- Calories from Fat 801
- Total Fat 89.0 g
- Saturated Fat 55.4 g
- Cholesterol 203.7 mg
- Sodium 185.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 275.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g