Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my aunt's recipe for Chocolate Fudge. She made it every Christmas and we all loved it. It is easy to make, but needs to be constantly stirred during the cooking. My aunt would sometimes put candied cherries in this fudge, too. It was good.
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (13 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat till blended; bring to a boil, stirring constantly and continue boiling for 5 1/5 minutes (do not mistake escaping air bubbles for boiling).
- Remove from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into a buttered 9x13 pan or larger if you want.
- Makes 5 pounds.