1/4 Photos of Creamy Chocolate Fudge
I clipped this recipe from a December 1983 issue of The Charlotte (NC) Observer, which was running a contest to see who made the best fudge. This recipe won in the "Plain Chocolate Fudge" category (no additives such as nuts). I made this for presents at the holidays and now my grown kids are making it for gifts themselves. I buy disposable aluminum pans approx 5x8-inch so I can just wrap them up and give them as gifts. This recipe makes three pans-full.... or two 8x8-inch pans of fudge.
My Private Note
1 in sq ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter two 8x8-inch or three 5x8-inch pans.
- 2In a large heavy pot (I use a dutch oven size pot), mix together sugar, milk, vanilla, and butter; stir to mix.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 4Then let boil for 2 minutes, not stirring.
- 5NOTE: You need to move quickly during the next couple of steps so have the marshmallows and chocolate squares cut up and cut open the bags of chocolate chips.
- 6Turn off heat but leave pot on the burner.
- 7Add marshmallows, quickly stirring until melted.
- 8Add each chocolate separately in the order listed in the recipe, quickly stirring until melted.
- 9Pour into prepared pans.
- 10Let cool.
- 11Fudge tastes better each day --- if it lasts!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chocolate Fudge
Serving Size: 1 (2174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 0.3 g