Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this in an Eagle Brand newsletter & it sounds awesome. I am already imagining experimenting with flavors here & will post some of my thoughts with the recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1⁄4 cup water (use cold water)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) packageready-to-use crepes (10 crepes)
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries or 1 1⁄2 cups peaches or 1 1⁄2 cups nectarines or 1 1⁄2 cups kiwi fruits
- white chocolate curls (optional)
- In large bowl, with mixer, beat EAGLE BRAND® and water; beat in pudding mix and cocoa powder.
- Fold in whipped cream. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon a generous 1/3 cup of filling into center of each crepe; roll up each crepe.
- Place on serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; spoon fruit over crepes& garnish with white chocolate.
- I can see adding a teaspoon or so of Almond extract or Amaretto or maybe some Kahlua or Grand Marnier.
- I also think it would add to the elegance of the dish if the fruit used were lightly tossed with some of any liquor you used in the filling & then using the fruit on top.