Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in a local food flyer, and it is a real treat!
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 4 cups strong brewed coffee
- chocolate shavings, garnish
- sliced almonds, garnish (toasted)
- In a small, chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and almond extract with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1 large scoop (1/2 cup)ice cream in each of 4 large coffee mugs.
- Pour coffee over ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream, and garnish with shaved chocolate and toasted almond slices.
This was wonderful!! Very nice creamy drink (DH LOVED the cream).Will make again,for sure!! made for ZWT7.
What a lovely coffee Brenda. I really enjoyed this rich, sweet creamy treat. It was so smooth and decadent. Quick and easy to make just the way I enjoy them. Next time I will use a little chocolate sauce to garnish the coffee and roasted almonds with, just a subtle drizzle. (personal preference only.) I loved the flavor from the roasted almonds they really made the coffee shine. Made for ZWT7 for the Witchin Kitchen.
Oh man, this was great! I made it as stated but also added a shot of rum to welcome DH home. We both loved it. Rich and sweet and creamy and WONDERFUL!!! Dessert in a glass. A must-make.