Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicous sauce that goes fantastic with any white meat, poultry or fish. It is a sauce that I first tasted in Nutter's restaurant (UK) served with pork. I bought his cook book which included the recipe and have made it myself countless times since. It is a family favourite and we all love it and use so much of it that this recipe designed to serve 4 actually only serves 3 of us!! A tip is to serve the sauce with a ladle or spoon instead of just pouring it so that you get plenty of the onion, otherwise the sauce tends to coem out and the onion stays in the bottom of the jug!
- 15 g butter
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper (to season)
- Heat the butter in a pan and soften the onion, garlic and chives with the pan covered for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and reduce by half on a high heat.
- Add the stock and reduce by half again.
- Turn the heat right down and stir in the cream.
- Simmer gently until reduced to a light, creamy consistency.
- Season to taste and serve hot.
Very nice sauce. Had for dinner last night using a pork roast. Will try it again over another plain meat or poultry. Need to be careful not to reduce too much. You want it as a sauce, not a gravy. Thnx for posting, Lauren. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.