This is a delicous sauce that goes fantastic with any white meat, poultry or fish. It is a sauce that I first tasted in Nutter's restaurant (UK) served with pork. I bought his cook book which included the recipe and have made it myself countless times since. It is a family favourite and we all love it and use so much of it that this recipe designed to serve 4 actually only serves 3 of us!! A tip is to serve the sauce with a ladle or spoon instead of just pouring it so that you get plenty of the onion, otherwise the sauce tends to coem out and the onion stays in the bottom of the jug!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the butter in a pan and soften the onion, garlic and chives with the pan covered for 5 minutes.
- 2Pour in the wine and reduce by half on a high heat.
- 3Add the stock and reduce by half again.
- 4Turn the heat right down and stir in the cream.
- 5Simmer gently until reduced to a light, creamy consistency.
- 6Season to taste and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 71.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g