Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good! They are simple and always a hit with my family.
- 3 lbs potatoes, quartered and peeled
- 8 ounces cream cheese with chives (little 8oz tub)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes (peeled, quartered)
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large pot, and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Return potatoes to pot; add the milk and salt.
- Mash the potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Add the creme cheese and mayonnaise, stir just until blended.
These mashed potatoes were a big hit here! We had roast beef, your mashers, and candied carrots with peas! It was a feast and this recipe looked wonderful on the plate! Not the ususual yummy but bland looking mashers!!! Great recipe and thank you! Made this for PAC Spring 09
Delicious...I've never added mayonnaise to a mashed potato dish before--good idea. Although I try not to alter original recipes, I couldn't help replacing the 1 tsp. salt with 1 tsp. of onion salt. Gave it just a little more oniony flavor. Thanks, Helenic Hottie!