Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe, from the April 1994 issue of Gourmet Magazine is a response to a request in the "You Asked for It" column for a salad dressing served at Cafe for All-Seasons in San Francisco, California.
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, lemon juice, cider, sour cream mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and cayenne until smooth and stir in chives.