1/1 Photo of Creamy Chive Cucumber Cups
Fresh light hors d'oeuvres that are quick, easy and tasty! Great for weeknights, dinner partys, or set out as snacks. Adapted from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cucumbers
- 3/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (or try low fat sour cream)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olive (or 2 ounce flaked smoked salmon -1/2 cup)
- 1Trim off the ends of each cucumber. Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 evenly spaced strips of peel from each.
- 2To make the cucumber cups, cut each crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and use a teaspoon to remove the seeds from the center of each without cutting through to the bottom.
- 3Transfer to a platter; set aside.
- 4In a food processor, puree cottage cheese, yogurt(or sour cream), 2 tablespoons chives, pepper and hot sauce.
- 5Spoon mixture into cucumbers, top with a sprinkling of the smoked salmon or olives and garnish with remaining chives.
- 6Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving. (Filling can be made up to 1 day ahead). Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chive Cucumber Cups
Serving Size: 1 (1198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 47.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g