Recipe by Sharon123
Fresh light hors d'oeuvres that are quick, easy and tasty! Great for weeknights, dinner partys, or set out as snacks. Adapted from Whole Foods.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
These were good but we found they needed a little extra kick - we added more hot sauce, some lemon, and more pepper. Also think I should've drained the cucumber cups for a bit. We also had some garden tomatoes, and the filling was good in them! Made for ZWT 8.
- 3 cucumbers
- 3⁄4 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt (or try low fat sour cream)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olive (or 2 ounce flaked smoked salmon -1/2 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off the ends of each cucumber. Using a vegetable peeler, remove 3 evenly spaced strips of peel from each.
- To make the cucumber cups, cut each crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices and use a teaspoon to remove the seeds from the center of each without cutting through to the bottom.
- Transfer to a platter; set aside.
- In a food processor, puree cottage cheese, yogurt(or sour cream), 2 tablespoons chives, pepper and hot sauce.
- Spoon mixture into cucumbers, top with a sprinkling of the smoked salmon or olives and garnish with remaining chives.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving. (Filling can be made up to 1 day ahead). Enjoy!