Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
As a salad dressing: Toss with a Mexican-flavored salad made with romaine lettuce, sliced avocado, tomato, red onion or your favorite salad. As a cold sauce: Drizzle over grilled chicken or fish, spoon over baked sweet potatoes, or paint on bbq ribs.
- 236.59 ml fresh-squeezed orange juice (from 2 large oranges)
- 236.59 ml red wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml minced chipotle peppers
- 59.14 ml roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice (about 1 1/2 limes)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan combine the orange juice& vinegar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; then, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer vigorously until the liquid is reduced by 2/3, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the liquid from the heat, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the mayonnaise and whisk together until well blended.
- Add the chipotle, cilantro, cumin and lime juice; whisk together well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Oh Paula!! I love this! The flavor in the vinaigrette truly has a Mexican flare! I will be using this often : ) Thank you, Paula!
OMG this was so tasty. I used it on a salad consisting of romaine lettuse and avocado slices and it was so tasty. Love the chipotle peppers in this. Was a little worried about the cumin amount but it was perfect. Thanks Paula. I'll use this again.
I used this dressing as a topping for chicken salad. It was quite good. Thanks for the recipe!