Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Southern living magazine
- 8 manicotti
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups chipotle salsa, divided
- 2 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil.
- Rinse with cold water; drain and set aside.
- Stir together ricotta cheese and next 4 ingredients.
- Coat an 11- x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and pour 1/2 cup salsa in bottom of dish.
- Spoon cheese mixture evenly into shells, and arrange in dish.
- Pour remaining salsa over shells.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.