Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy Chipotle Chili Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, juice of 1 lime
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until the flavors blend, about 30 minutes.
- (The sauce can be refrigerated for several days.).
I was hoping to recreate the sauce you get on the southwest chicken tacos at On the Border.
But this fell short to me and was way too spicy for my taste. The sauce at On the Border has spice, but that was overwhelming, I probably should have used half of the recommended measurement of peppers.