Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
After a week of grilled meat and roasted vegetables, my husband requested something creamy and cheesy. This is what I came up with.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups whole wheat penne
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 canned chipotle chile
- 1 ounce asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Blend cream cheese, chipotle, and asiago in a microwave-safe dish. Taste, and add more chipotle if needed. The yogurt will tame the spicyness, so you may want the cream cheese blend to be a notch higher than you would normally like. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli to desired level of doneness. Set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Microwave cream cheese mixture on high for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt to cream cheese mixture, stir to combine.
- Reheat chicken, if necessary.
- Combine broccoli and pasta.
- Stir in cream cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with grilled chicken.
This has good flavor but I had a few issues with the sauce melting enough. I suggest adding some milk, broth, or non-fat half and half to the sauce. Maybe even a little butter or oil if your diet can afford it. I thought there was a little to much broccoli for the other ingredients. Tomatoes might go well here too. I also think that the grilled should be seasoned somehow. Good flavor here, just needs a little tweaking!