Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A creamy, tasty chicken salad--but with a bite!!! A simple, but delicious way to put a new spin on chicken salad! A must for Mexican food lovers, although it really wouldn't be classified as "Mexican food." My boyfriend is Mexican & he made this for me. I fell in love all over again!!!
- Cook chicken breasts in water with salt & pepper until very tender.
- Shred chicken & put in medium sized bowl. Put the diced onion in with chicken. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and between 3/4 to the whole can of chipotle peppers until well blended & smooth. The amount of peppers depend, of course, on taste.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to shredded chicken & onion. Mix well. If you like more moisture in a "salad" type dish add more mayo and sour cream in equal parts to get the consistency you like.
- Serve with Low-carb bread, pork rinds, or by itself. This will surely help you drink a healthier amount of water! But don't be afraid, not super hot.
Delicious but dangerously hot (for my tender tongue) since I didn't remove enough seeds from the chipotles. Thank goodness for a dessert of ice cream. I served the chicken salad on butter lettuce with thin slices of 7-grain bread on the side. That helped a bit with the heat. Next time I'll rinse the chiles and add back seeds and adobo sauce until the heat is just right.