Three peppers goes into this recipe. Chipotle, fire roasted, and dried paprika. You can't say your cauliflower is bland!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 oz.)
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, your own or store bought
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika, your choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large pan toss cauliflower and garlic with oil. Spread so in a single layer and not bunched in.Season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast 25 minutes toss and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Add milk, paprika, fire roasted and chipotle peppers to blender and blend till smooth.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe dish heat butter when melted add flour stir and add milk mixture whisking in till smooth heat in microwave oven 3 minutes,stirring when needed add cheese stirring in till melted heating in micro 2-3 more minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn`t bubble over.
- Pour over the roasted cauliflower and serve.
This was perfect to use the enormous head of cauliflower that I got on sale yesterday. The sauce is delicious with just a touch of heat. I made the sauce on the stove top while the cauliflower was roasting so everything was ready at the same time. My husband, the vegetable hater, gave this recipe a big thumbs up so for sure I will be making it again.
Oh yum! Talk about comfort food at it's best. The chipotle chile in adobo was the perfect accompaniment to this savory dish. I followed this completely as we love cauliflower, fresh from the garden, and the kick of the chile. Will make this many times over. Very easy to put together, as I made the sauce stove top, and threw it in my toaster oven for warming, and development of flavor. Absolutely a winner to us! Thanks, Rita! Made for *ZWT3 07*
My son did not care for the garlic but I liked this recipe. I have a convection oven so I'll need to cut back on the first 25 minutes of roasting, I'll try 15 to 20 mins next time. I also think you could use 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower as this makes a lot of sauce. Oh yes, and I opted to use the stove top to make the sauce. Thanks Rita, I'll be making this one again. Made for ZWT III 2007 - United States Region