Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use with fish tacos or pulled pork.
Make and share this Creamy Chipotle Cabbage Slaw recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage (1 medium to large cabbage)
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 jalapeno, minced (discard the seeds and ribs if you want less heat)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt (preferably full fat) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (preferably full fat)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice or 1⁄8 cup freshly squeezed lime juice plus 1/8 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the cabbages, carrots, onion, scallions, and jalapeno in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, yogurt or sour cream, lime juice or lime juice and vinegar, sugar or honey and the cumin and chipotle powder until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving and up to 2 days. (If refrigerating for more than an hour or so, drain off any liquid that pools at the bottom of the bowl prior to serving.).
Made this slaw, as recipe is written, the night before I grilled some asparagus and chuck steaks on the Weber. <br/>As I get older, I like bolder flavors. However, I used half of a small Jalapeno because my wife has more sensitive palate than I. We both enjoyed this slaw, so I thank you for this flavorful recipe, gailanng.