Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from the most recently published edition of "The Joy of Cooking." I make it a lot lately because I'm on a low carb diet. I love this stuff, it's like Ranch dressing kicked up a few notches!
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup coarsley chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together in a small bowl or combine in a blender the olive oil and sour cream.
- Add and whisk together or blend to combine the lime juice, cilantro, chili powder and cumin.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
I made this dip and served it at our Memorial Day cook-out. Intensely spiced flavor that made an excellent dip for chips and veggies. Thanks yooper, for sharing your recipe.
Nice one! A creamy chili cilantro vinaigrette, which is as good as the chili powder you use.
I used this as a sauce for leftover beef and it was a big hit! I had to substitute the lime for vinegar because hubby is on Atkin's and can't have fruit right now. Mixed this sauce with chunks of cooked sirloin, added just a little minced pickled jalapenos, and heated it. His first response was, "Mmmmmmmmm!" (guess he didn't want to stop eating to give much more of a review at that point.) Thanks for making me look good around here, yooper!