- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock, chickpeas, onion, & cumin to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor then return to the pot.
- Whisk the flour and 2 tablespoons of butter until well blended. Add it to the soup in small amounts, whisking after each addition until smooth.
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes. Add the remaining butter and enough cream to reach the desired consistency. Correct seasoning then garnish with cilantro.