Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tangy creamy soup that takes only a few minutes to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons mango chutney
- Heat oil over medium heat in large saucepan and garlic and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. (Do not let the garlic brown.).
- Add chickpeas and their liquid and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return puree to saucepan and add 1 cup or more water to thin to desired consistency.
- Ledle soup into bowls and stir a little chutney into each. I like it best if the chutney is not stirred in uniformly, but just swirled in, so different spoonfuls have a different taste.