1/1 Photo of Creamy Chickpea & Rosemary Soup
- Carla -'s Note:
We love chickpeas so this recipe from Chef April Bloomfield of the Spotted Pig "gastro-pub" in Manhattan soon became one of our favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute.
- 3Add chickpeas and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; let cool slightly.
- 5Transfer soup to a blender; cover loosely, and puree until just smooth.
- 6Return to the saucepan and stir in lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- 7Serve, garnished with a fresh rosemary sprig, or an additional drizzling of olive oil.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chickpea & Rosemary Soup
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.1
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1134.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g