1/1 Photo of Creamy Chickpea Curry
1 hr 5 mins
This creamy chickpea curry is heavily adapted from a recipe I originally found in a cookbook. I found the original a little bland, so I added some extra ingredients and modified the cooking instructions to make it really "pop".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1Saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- 2Add ginger, curry powder, cumin seeds and red pepper flakes and cook until the spice mixture coats the onions and the garlic.
- 3Add the chickpeas and the tomatoes, let simmer uncovered on medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until most of the juices are cooked off.
- 4Gradually pour coconut milk into the mixture, continue simmering for an additional 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in peanut butter, cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes.
- 6Add raisins, stir and let them warm through for 5 minutes.
- 7Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chickpea Curry
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.9
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 748.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 18.7 g