1/4 Photos of Creamy Chickpea Curry
This dish goes together very quickly. You will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. If you don't have cooked rice, start it before you make the curry and they should be finished at the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat.
- 2Add onions and cook until they start to brown.
- 3Add garlic and curry.
- 4Stir-fry until garlic is soft and curry dissolved.
- 5Add chickpeas, Coconut Milk, and soy sauce.
- 6Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes, sugar, and lime juice.
- 8Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in basil or cilantro until combined, and serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chickpea Curry
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 869.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste