Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish goes together very quickly. You will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. If you don't have cooked rice, start it before you make the curry and they should be finished at the same time.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until they start to brown.
- Add garlic and curry.
- Stir-fry until garlic is soft and curry dissolved.
- Add chickpeas, Coconut Milk, and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, and lime juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in basil or cilantro until combined, and serve over rice.
This was so easy and my go to now for Chickpea Curry. I added some frozen mixed veg to soak up some of the sauce and it came out nice and thick...delicious.
My absolute favorite new recipe. I've made this about a half dozen times now, it's the best curry recipe I've ever made! I make it with brown rice and it can be frozen so I have something healthy and tasty around even when I'm too busy to cook (especially good around exam time!). It's flexible too- I add carrot, edamame beans and spinach or whatever else I have around. Thank you!!
This was my first time making curry, but It turned out great! Fantastic recipe, very easy to follow even for some who has never made a curry before. Next time I will probably add a little bit of red chile powder to make it a little spicier.
Thank you for sharing this great recipe!