1/10 Photos of Creamy Chickpea and Tahini Casserole
Christine in Chicago's Note:
The ultimate in vegan comfort food. It's not a very specific recipe, and is open to much interpretation. It's a VERY modified version of what I found on the web. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 -22 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 -4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or equiv. fresh garlic)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or equiv. fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or equiv fresh)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried parsley (or equiv. fresh)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix tahini and water until well mixed (it should get kind of"fluffy"). Set aside.
- 3Spray 9x13 pan with olive oil.
- 4Dump all ingredients into pan.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- 6Add tahini mixture, stir until well combined.
- 7Bake at 375°F for approximately 40 minutes, until top begins to brown.
- 8Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and bake 5 minutes more.
- 9Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chickpea and Tahini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 438.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g