Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Last winter I was just trying to make a new soup to keep myself warm and I concocted this amazing recipe. It has a very creamy texture with a very rich garlic and corn flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Combine oil, chickpeas, garlic, onion, and corn in a large stock pot. Saute over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add half the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Puree the chickpea mixture in a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender if you have one.
- Once thoroughly pureed, add the remaining chicken stock and the milk along with all the seasonings. Salt to taste.
- This soup can easily be thinned with more milk to feed more people.
- After adding the milk, do not allow the soup to come to a boil or it will turn grey.