Chef #464678's Note:
Last winter I was just trying to make a new soup to keep myself warm and I concocted this amazing recipe. It has a very creamy texture with a very rich garlic and corn flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine oil, chickpeas, garlic, onion, and corn in a large stock pot. Saute over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- 2Add half the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Puree the chickpea mixture in a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender if you have one.
- 3Once thoroughly pureed, add the remaining chicken stock and the milk along with all the seasonings. Salt to taste.
- 4This soup can easily be thinned with more milk to feed more people.
- 5After adding the milk, do not allow the soup to come to a boil or it will turn grey.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chickpea and Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.8
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 301.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g