Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Creamy Rich Dish to be served over Rice.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts, pounded and seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup green peas (Fresh or frozen not canned)
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Put butter and oil just to cover bottom of a wide saute pan.
- Place 3 or 4 chicken breasts in the pan and saute gently until golden on each side.
- Remove from pan and place in a roasting pan.
- Add more butter and oil when needed.
- Cook all the chicken breasts.
- Pour off all but a tablespoon of the fat in the pan, add the shallots and brandy and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the mushrooms, and cook until half wilted.
- Spoon the mushrooms over the chicken breasts.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock, and herbs into the pan.
- Cook 5-6 minutes until the mixture is reduced.
- Add the cream and continue cooking until thickened.
- Add green peas heat 3 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and add salt, pepper and sherry to taste.
- Pour over the chicken, place the roasting pan in a preheated 325 degree oven for 5-6 minutes, until the breasts are no longer pink inside.
Although this is somewhat rich, we felt it needed more flavor - perhaps increasing spices/herbs, etc - as it was quite bland inspite of all the good ingredients. Perhaps my mushrooms gave up too much moisture, as after 10 minutes reduction, the sauce had not thickened. I loved the mushroom/chicken texture combination.