Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This not only looks good it tastes wonderful. Great if having company. I have prepared it ahead of time and warmed it in a low oven when my guests arrive
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 lb white pearl onion
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half or 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In large pan boil onions for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Sauté the carrot, mushroom and celery in same pan in about 1 tablespoon butter; remove and set aside.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Remove and keep warm with vegetables.
- Add broth, wine and seasonings and simmer 5 minutes.
- Return chicken and vegetables and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; gradually add to pan and bring to a boil stirring until thickened.
- Discard bay leaf and serve with chive mashed potatoes.
This was good but I think i Thought it was something else it was still pretty good Thank you