Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very good and easy to make.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pine nuts; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds or until lightly browned, shaking pan constantly.
- Remove with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 12 to 15 minutes until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Refrigerate until cool enough to handle.
- Cut unto bite size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain.
- Melt margarine in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir until golden.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in half and half and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; continue boiling 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Place fettuccine in a large bowl. Add chicken, pine nuts, red peppers, and olives.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss gently.
- Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.