Barb in WNY's Note:
This is very good and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add pine nuts; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds or until lightly browned, shaking pan constantly.
- 3Remove with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Add chicken and cook 12 to 15 minutes until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center.
- 7Remove chicken from skillet.
- 8Refrigerate until cool enough to handle.
- 9Cut unto bite size pieces.
- 10Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain.
- 11Melt margarine in medium skillet over medium heat.
- 12Add garlic; cook and stir until golden.
- 13Stir in flour until smooth.
- 14Cook 1 minute.
- 15Gradually stir in half and half and chicken broth.
- 16Bring to a boil over medium heat; continue boiling 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced.
- 17Place fettuccine in a large bowl. Add chicken, pine nuts, red peppers, and olives.
- 18Toss gently to coat.
- 19Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss gently.
- 20Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken With Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.9
- Calories from Fat 628
- Total Fat 69.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 267.1 mg
- Sodium 1011.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 50.8 g