Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very good and easy to make.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken With Red Pepper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add pine nuts; cook and stir 30 to 45 seconds or until lightly browned, shaking pan constantly.
- Remove with slotted spoon, drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 12 to 15 minutes until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Refrigerate until cool enough to handle.
- Cut unto bite size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Drain.
- Melt margarine in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir until golden.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in half and half and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; continue boiling 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Place fettuccine in a large bowl. Add chicken, pine nuts, red peppers, and olives.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss gently.
- Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.