Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Talk about comfort food! Perfect for a Potluck, or on a chilly evening to warm your belly.
Make and share this Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (sub Cream of Celery or Cream of Mushroom)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts (sub pre-cooked chicken strips)
- 2 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend (sub Uncle Bens microwave ready pouch)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in oven safe casserole dish.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese if desired.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until warm and bubbly.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving, to allow casserole to set a bit.
Good recipe to build from. Can add sliced mushrooms, peas, diced bell peppers. Didn't have almonds but it was still great! Very very rich dish though. thanks!
This was really good. The whole family gobbled it up, next time I will double the recipe and have some leftovers. I did find this a bit dry, but very tasty. I left out almonds and green onions, which suits my family's tastes better. Thanks Cinny#2
Excellent casserole! I used canned chicken for convenience, and it was delicious and very easy to prepare! If you can cook rice, you can make this casserole. My whole family loved it. Thanks for the keeper Cinny!