Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I modified a recipe given to me at my bridal shower. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, therefore we added the vegetables. Also, can be switched up to fall under a Mexican casserole by using Mexican cheese instead of cheddar and using different flavored spices.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend, uncooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup peas, cooked
- 1 cup corn, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Boil chicken until fully cooked. Make rice (per packaged instructions). Cut chicken into half-inch pieces or shred.
- Grease 13 X 9 casserole dish (I use Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker). Pour cooked rice in bottom of dish. Add Chicken & cooked vegetables. Pour Cream of Chicken soup over veggies. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Top with shredded cheese and paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes.
- (May opt to cook in microwave, 10-15 minutes.).