Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Kraft Magazine
- 4 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1⁄4 cup light Italian dressing
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot (cut into strips)
- 1 small red pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 yellow squash (sliced)
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese (2% Milk)
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Cook chicken in dressing in large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat 5--7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through; stirring occasionally.
- Add veggies; stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover pan.
- Cook 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender; stirring occasionally.
- Place Velveeta in a small microwavable bowl.
- Add milk to cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended; stirring after 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add cheese to chicken mixture; mix lightly.
- Serve over the pasta.
We enjoyed this very easy and healthy dish -- a very different take on chicken and noodles! I did change the recipe slightly by using red wine vinegrette (instead of the Italian dressing) and using WW cheese instead of the Velveeta -- but a very enjoyable dish that can be described as "healthy comfort food" -- thanks for sharing!