Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I came up with after having a Mexican food craving on a cold winter day... a BIG hit with the family, my 3 yr old loves it and my hubby adds some roasted jalapenos to turn up the heat!
- 236.59 ml carrot (chopped small)
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper (chopped small)
- 236.59 ml yellow onion (chopped small)
- 29.58 ml minced garlic cloves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 737.08 g chicken stock (I use Swanson's brand)
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes (undrained and chopped smaller)
- taco seasoning
- 2 large chicken breasts (poached and chopped small)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 340.19 g package Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 236.59 ml corn tortilla chips (crumbs)
- In a large soup pan combine first seven ingredients on med-low heat about 10 minute until veggies are tender. ( I use a food processor to chop all veggies and chicken down to size saves on time.).
- Add chicken stock to mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes, taco seasoning, chicken. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Add milk, 8 oz. of shredded cheese, simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add corn tortilla chips last right before serving.
- Top with remaining cheese, sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream (optional).