Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I came up with after having a Mexican food craving on a cold winter day... a BIG hit with the family, my 3 yr old loves it and my hubby adds some roasted jalapenos to turn up the heat!
- 1 cup carrot (chopped small)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (chopped small)
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped small)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (26 ounce) chicken stock (I use Swanson's brand)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained and chopped smaller)
- taco seasoning
- 2 large chicken breasts (poached and chopped small)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package Mexican blend cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup corn tortilla chips (crumbs)
- In a large soup pan combine first seven ingredients on med-low heat about 10 minute until veggies are tender. ( I use a food processor to chop all veggies and chicken down to size saves on time.).
- Add chicken stock to mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes, taco seasoning, chicken. Reduce heat to a simmer, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Add milk, 8 oz. of shredded cheese, simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add corn tortilla chips last right before serving.
- Top with remaining cheese, sliced avocado and a dollop of sour cream (optional).