Recipe by leelowery
This soup is incredible but I will warn you that is nowhere close to being healthy. I only make it a few times a year because of the richness factor. My husband and everyone else I have made if for loves it.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2-2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 6 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- crispy corn tortilla strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot sauté onion with butter.
- When onions are translucent, add diced tomatoes and Rotel.
- Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is no longer lumpy.
- Add a quart and a half of half & half and slowly raise temperature to a slow simmer.
- Add the chicken and corn. Soup will be thick but you can add more half & half if you prefer it a little thinner.
- Simmer for two hours.
- Serve with crispy tortilla strips.