2 hrs 35 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Chef #648684's Note:
This soup is incredible but I will warn you that is nowhere close to being healthy. I only make it a few times a year because of the richness factor. My husband and everyone else I have made if for loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2-2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 6 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- crispy corn tortilla strips
- 1In large stock pot sauté onion with butter.
- 2When onions are translucent, add diced tomatoes and Rotel.
- 3Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is no longer lumpy.
- 4Add a quart and a half of half & half and slowly raise temperature to a slow simmer.
- 5Add the chicken and corn. Soup will be thick but you can add more half & half if you prefer it a little thinner.
- 6Simmer for two hours.
- 7Serve with crispy tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.7
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 66.6 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 266.1 mg
- Sodium 1448.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 44.9 g